Tuesday, February 9, 2010

XO Valentine's Day Shirts


Today I was working on a project when I realized there is less than a week left until Valentine's Day! I dropped what I was doing and headed to the store to buy supplies for these t-shirts. I think they are fun for siblings, but would be cute for little friends and cousins, too!

If you have never appliqued a shirt before, all you need is a t-shirt (I found some at Wal-Mart for $3.50 each), some coordinating fabric (I bought 2 fat quarters and have a lot left over), some Heat-n-Bond Iron On Adhesive, an iron, some scissors and a sewing machine.  I printed off an X and an O in a font that I liked and cut them out with a craft knife (scissors would work, too). I followed the directions on the Heat-n-Bond by ironing the adhesive on to the fabric and cutting out the letters using the print outs as a template.


Once I ironed the letters onto my t-shirt, I went around the edges with a long stitch just to make sure they won't come off.

I didn't embellish them, but it would be cute to add buttons or hearts. I also found this tutorial from Joy's Hope (fabulous blog, btw) on how to add a tutu to a t-shirt--this would be adorable for a little girl!

And here is the finished product: 

Enjoy!

Oh, and if you are looking for more Valentine's Day ideas, check out the Show a Little Love party at A Little Tipsy!






3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are so dang cute! I wish I had another kid so I could put them on mine! You should link this up for "Show a Little Love" on A Little Tipsy!

Unknown said...

Those are super darling! love them, AND THE FABRIC TOO!!!! Come visit me at my new craft blog, craftomaniac.blogspot.com Have a great day! JGG!

Grandma Mecham said...

The shirts are really cute! The kids are DARLING!!!!

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs