Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Face Steam. YUM!

Oh I needed one of these today. I'm sure that there are a lot of moms and and other ladies who need a little TLC so I thought I would post a face steam that I started doing way back when I was in high school, and grew up watching my mom do long before then. All you need is a small pot, cinnamon sticks (ground cinnamon will work too), cloves, nutmeg, and orange slices.

Now fill your pot about halfway with water. Add in your orange slices, 1 stick of cinnamon, 3-4 cloves, and a few shakes of nutmeg.
Bring it to a boil and then take it off of the heat.
Now set it on a cupboard or table, and grab a towel. Pull your hair back and drape the towel over your head and the pot and take a deep breath and relax. Keep covered until it cools down enough that the steam stops. Your skin will look and feel so much better when you are done and you will feel so much more relaxed. Trust me, I just did it :D
Ooh, and when you are done, you can put it back on the burner on low and just let that aroma fill up your home. I love when my house smells like I could eat it. Mmmmmm. Just make sure that you watch the water level. We don't need any houses burning down!

Linking up to:


1 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Love the pictures! I like to boil things like this on the stove to make it smell yummy, too. I'll have to remember the face steaming part!

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs