Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Baby Gifts Part 1- Binky Holders

I lose binkies. Correction- my babies lose binkies (i'm not the one sucking on it!). My youngest never took one, but my 2 1/2 year old lived for his binky for 14 months.  Binky holders were my saving grace.  Well now I have 2 cousins that are both set to be delivering some wee ones this summer so I thought that I would save them the trouble of buying 40 bajillion binkies and make them some binky holders that are so cute. Then I figured I would share the tutorial with you too, maybe save you a little trouble, and possibly help you avoid some pint-sized breakdowns!

What you need:
12" of 7/8" grosgrain ribbon
a snap application set (they sell these at Wally-mart for 8 bucks)
key ring
bull dog clamp
alphabet beads

Alright now the first thing you want to do is fold each end of your ribbon about a centimeter twice (so the end is tucked inside) and sew across to hold.
Next you want to loop one end through your bulldog clip
Now attach a snap set onto each end of the ribbon with the stud on the end of the ribbon and the socket about an inch and a half in (I just eye it).
 Next spell out your child's name or a nickname or a cute word with your alphabet beads and string them on to the key ring making sure that it doesn't come out backwards or upside down. I don't think that you would believe how easy this is :D.
And then snap it onto the side with the bulldog clip.
And now, my friends, you are done. Just snap a binky in the loop on the opposite end and you will never lose a binky again. I guess I should tell you that the bulldog clamp should be attached on you child's clothes, but I assume you all already knew that.
These are so fun and so easy to personalize with all of the different types of ribbon and wording and all of that fun junk. And new mom's love receiving these as gifts! I hope you find as much use out of them as I did!
And of course don't forget to check out the places we link to here.

6 comments:

seven thirty three said...

So easy and super cute!
Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [02 Jun 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Kelley said...

Very cute! I will have to give this a try.

Sachiko said...

So cute! Thank you for sharing the wonderful tutorial with us!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Absolutely darling! I wish my baby would have taken a binkie just because I want her to have a cute holder like this! :0 Thanks for linking up!

Rizwan said...

Very nice and decent work on this blog its a perfect article thanks.
Send Gifts to Pakistan

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs