Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Best Ever Double Chololate Chip Cookies

I love me some chocolate. I also love me some cookies, so I am not kidding when I say I LOVE these double chocolate chip cookies. So when making some of these delicious treats the other day for my brother-in-law who is away at basic training (it was his birthday) I thought to myself, "Sammy, you need to spread the love!" So here it is...

 Best Ever Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/3 cup butter (use real butter please!!!!!), softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla (you can't go wrong with the mexican vanilla, yum)
4 cups of flour (makes your cookie extra fluffy and chewy)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 bag of milk chocolate chips
1/3 bag of white chocolate chips

First preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar with your beaters until it is well mixed and fluffy. Next add in your eggs and vanilla. Mix in the flour 1 cup at a time until just mixed. Add the salt and baking soda and then add in your chocolate chips. Now drop the cookies by the tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Stick in the oven for 6 1/2 minutes. No more, no less. They may seem like they are not done yet, but let them cool for 2 minutes on the pan and then transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool down completely. This is the trick to making and keeping your cookies super chewy. And that's it. And if you feel the need to polish off an entire sheet of cookies before your husband gets home from work, don't worry, I won't tell anyone ;)


1 comments:

Lauren N said...

Looks delish! I might bake these today :) Thanks for sharing the recipe.

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs